We love good, simple, tasty bread and think it should be something that we can all enjoy.
We’re an Industrial and Provident Society (IPS) established to operate as a workers’ cooperative in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire.
Our aim is to provide food to our community in an ethical way. For us this means
- Baking better bred bread as defined and championed by the Real Bread Campaign: artificial additive and enzyme free, slow fermented and loving handcrafted from locally sourced organic stoneground wheat and rye flour.
- Local distribution to the communities around Mytholmroyd and Hebden Bridge using pedal power where possible
- Minimise our environmental impact
- Support other co-operatives and small scale local food producers
- Creating jobs for local people by using local suppliers and using people rather than machines when possible